ECAC Artist Career Development Grant
The ECAC Artist Career Development Grant is a grant program of the Essex County Arts Council designed to support Essex County artists of all disciplines with a specific project or opportunity that will provide a significant impact and expansion to their art career. The application form is at the bottom of this page.
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for projects or opportunities that will advance their art career, defined as:
- An opportunity to which you have been invited that will boost your career in a specific way;
- Participation in an event/conference/program/workshop that will help bring your career to a new level, that is, step up in an art career, rather than a lateral move;
- The completion of an on-going project where the final result will be used to have a significant impact on your career.
Application process details:
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, September 16, 201Projects or opportunities must be held between November 1, 2019 and October 31, 2020.
- Artists of all disciplines and media can apply for grants up to $500.
- Applicants must be residents of Essex County, NY.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a panel comprised of artists, cultural administrators, and/or community members.
- Due to limited funds, not all requests will receive awards. Awards may be less than the requested amount.
- Applicants will be notified of the results by November 1, 2019.
Primary Evaluation Criteria:
- An important part of the application is providing very specific details about the impact the specific opportunity will have on your artistic career;
- The merit of the opportunity and its feasibility as it relates to your career trajectory will be considered.
Examples of activities and expenses the ECAC Artist Career Development Grant can fund:
- Documentation of work
- Rental of materials or equipment
- Travel or accommodation costs
- Hiring of technical support
- Promotional expenses
- Exhibition, registration, tuition, workshop or mentorship fees
The ECAC Artist Career Development Grant does not fund:
- The creation of art not related to a specific opportunity
- Artistic supplies or equipment not related to a specific opportunity
- College/University (degree-based) tuition
Artist’s responsibilities if awarded a grant:
- Sign a funding agreement detailing the use and requirements of an ECAC Artist Career Development Grant;
- Upon announcement of the grant award, showing proof of residency;
- Provide a W-9 form to ECAC;
- Credit the support of the ECAC Artist Career Development Grant in all publicity and media materials related to the project;
- Submit a one-page Final Report to ECAC after completion of the project;
- The Essex County Arts Council reserves the right to describe or reproduce material from any project awarded funding through the Artist Career Development Grant program for publication or public relations purposes.
- Submit application (please follow format on attached application);
- Include brief resume (1 or 2 pages only);
- Supplemental materials: include sample/s of your work with a maximum of four texts, images, or recordings; or a link to your work on website. Do not send materials unrelated to the specific opportunity or project. Sample materials will not be returned;
- Specify names and qualifications of consultants or professionals if referenced in your application;
- Submit via USPS Mail or E-mail the application and supporting materials. Applications must be postmarked or E-mailed by September 16, 2019. If E-mailing, your materials should be sent in either a .doc or a .pdf format;
- Contact ECAC via E-mail at email@example.com with any questions or for assistance.