Cultural Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Guidelines
Note: membership in ECAC is no longer required to apply for a CAP grant!
Application deadline is March 15th via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we no longer accept mailed applications and only accept PDF format. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Technical assistance is available. Please contact us for more info.
CAP grant awards are made possible through support from Essex County and private donors. Please send an email of appreciation to your town supervisor for the opportunity to participate in the CAP program and to ensure future funding for this important cultural arts grant program in your community. Town Supervisors list is here.
- Any arts, historical, preservation, library, museum or organization providing cultural enrichment programs for Essex County residents may apply
- Projects must be completed by December 31.
- The organization must demonstrate managerial and fiscal competence.
- In the past the organization needed to be a member of ECAC to receive a CAP grant. That has changed, and now you do not have to be a member, but we still appreciate your organizational membership!
CAP Grants will support but are not limited to the following:
- Programming expenses
- Artist fees and honorariums
- One-time use materials for programs and workshops
- Partial fees for program administration
- Rental space for the event
- Rental of equipment
- Lighting & Sound
- Professional fees and services
CAP Grants will not support the following:
- Capital improvements (equipment purchases, computer, theatrical or gallery lighting, sound system, exhibit systems)
- Physical improvements
- Building repairs
- Fundraising expenses/receptions
Grant Support Offered (one application per organization, please)
- Project Support—maximum award is $750
- General Operating Support (GOS) - maximum award is $1,000. To qualify, organizations must have an annual budget of over $65,000 and at least one paid staff member.