Cultural Assistance Program (CAP) Grant Guidelines
Note: Membership in ECAC is not required to apply for a CAP grant! The 2019 application is now available via the link at the bottom of this page.
Application deadline is March 15th via email to email@example.com. Please note we no longer accept mailed applications and only accept PDF format. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Technical assistance is available. Please contact us for more info.
CAP grant awards are made possible through the support of Essex County and private donors. Please send an email of appreciation to your town supervisor for the opportunity to participate in the CAP program and to ensure future funding for this important cultural arts grant program in your community. Town Supervisors list is here.
- Any arts, historical, preservation, library, museum or organization that provides public cultural programs for Essex County residents. Organizations located outside of Essex County must provide documentation of how they serve Essex County residents.
- Projects must be open to the public.
- Projects must be completed by December 31.
- If you are a previous recipient, your final report must be submitted before you reapply for CAP funding.
- The organization must demonstrate managerial and fiscal competence.
- Organizations no longer need to be a member of ECAC to apply for a CAP grant, but we still appreciate your organizational membership and support!
CAP Grants will support but are not limited to the following:
- Programming expenses
- Artist fees and honorariums
- One-time use materials for programs and workshops
- Partial fees for program administration
- Rental space for the event
- Rental of equipment
- Lighting & Sound
- Professional fees and services
CAP Grants will not support the following:
- Equipment purchases (computer, theatrical or gallery lighting, sound system, exhibit systems)
- Capital improvements, building repairs
- Fundraising expenses/receptions
Grant Support Offered (one application per organization, please)
- Project Support—maximum award is $750
- General Operating Support (GOS) - maximum award is $1,000. To qualify, organizations must have an annual budget of over $65,000 and at least one paid staff member.